November 10, 2021
Five Ways To Save Time At Work
It often feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day to accomplish all your tasks, so we’re sharing some of our favorite tips and tricks for saving time at work to help you get the most out of your day.
- Start every day off with a plan. You’ll find that you’re much more productive when you have a set plan of what tasks you’ll be conquering for the day. Take a few minutes at the end of each day to write out a to-do list of things you want to accomplish the next day, and in the morning evaluate which tasks are high priority and which are lower priority.
- Limit distractions and give each task or person you’re meeting with your undivided attention. Put your phone away, mute your email, or log out of social media accounts to make sure you’re completely focused on what’s in front of you. Once these distractions are out of sight, you’ll find that you’re much more productive and able to complete tasks more efficiently.
- Adjust your working hours. If you find that you’re most productive between 7-8am consider offsetting your hours and getting an earlier start to ensure you’re working when you know you’ll stay focused and get the most work accomplished.
- Take breaks. It’s important to let your brain have some downtime throughout the day in order to keep your energy levels up. Get away from your computer and take a walk, have a snack, or chat with a friend or colleague for 20 minutes. You’ll feel refreshed and ready to dive back into your work with a stronger focus after letting yourself recharge.
- Stay organized. You’ll make the most out of your day and save yourself heaps of time if your computer and desk files are neat and tidy. Getting organized might be one of the more tedious tasks, but you’ll be much more efficient once you know where all of your work materials are located.