March 31, 2021
How To Use Digital Transformation To Take Your Company To The Next Level
Zach Lipsky, founder and President of BOSS Logics recently sat down with Authority Magazine to talk about Digital Transformation and how BOSS Logics Live is reshaping meetings within the jewelry industry. Read below for an excerpt of the interview and check out the full interview here.
Thank you so much for joining us in this interview series. Before we dive in, our readers would love to “get to know you” a bit better. Can you tell us a bit about your ‘backstory’ and how you got started?
Thanks so much for having me! I’m excited to be part of this series. It all started in 1998 when I was 17 — the Internet was starting to become more widely used and I was a bored teen at home who wanted to get involved in the tech boom. I started creating websites for small companies and had an “aha” moment that I could make a business out of this, which I grew through my college years. Eventually, this small business turned into BOSS Logics. We started as a digital agency and over time, we gradually evolved into a software company with a focus on automating and streamlining the way companies create and manage products. Last year at the beginning of the pandemic, I realized there was a gap in the market as businesses started to use video conferencing platforms for virtual sales meetings. I wanted to help businesses pivot their sales approach and knew we had the capabilities to change the way businesses connect and engage with their customers, which led to our latest solution, BOSS Logics Live.
Thank you for all that. Let’s now turn to the main focus of our discussion about Digital Transformation. For the benefit of our readers, can you help explain what exactly Digital Transformation means? On a practical level what does it look like to engage in a Digital Transformation?
In today’s world, new technologies are emerging every single day, and it can be challenging for businesses to keep up. Digital Transformation means taking advantage of these new technologies to enhance your already existing business practices in order to meet changing demands and customer expectations. Digital Transformation might be anything from going paperless to integrating new point-of-sales technology. At the end of the day, it’s about the importance of being flexible and ready to grow and adapt to keep up with your customers’ needs as new technologies emerge.
Here is the primary question of our discussion. Based on your experience and success, what are “Five Ways a Company Can Use Digital Transformation To Take It To The Next Level”? Please share a story or an example for each.
There are so many ways a company can use Digital Transformation to take it to the next level so it’s tough to pick just five. Here are my top tips:
- Use Digital Transformation to not only foster new connections but also to improve the connections you already have. Ditch your snail mail advertisements and upgrade to an entirely digital presence. Take advantage of the social media boom and engage with your customers on their favorite social channels — it’s now easier than ever to keep in touch with more frequent and concise digital communication. These small acts help strengthen the customer’s relationship with your company and cultivate a lasting connection that can help increase future business.
- Change the way you’re selling to your customers to adapt to their needs. In today’s world, staying at home is the new normal — if your business is based on selling products in-person, create an online store so your customers can shop from the comfort of their homes.
- What’s better than getting ahead of the competition? The key to staying ahead is using Digital Transformation — gather customer data to create targeted ads tailored to specific groups of customers to keep them interested in learning more about your business. Use this data to enhance your customers’ experience.
- Going off of that, Digital Transformation can take your company to the next level because there’s more of an emphasis on the customer. If your business is based on making personal connections with your customers, consider setting up regular video conferences to check-in and reinforce your already existing connection, automatically taking your business up a notch as you prioritize the customer.
- One of the best ways Digital Transformation can enhance a company’s business practices is by reducing costs. If you have a product inventory, use the customer data you’ve gathered to understand buying trends and save money by only keeping inventory that’s known to sell.